Haven’t talked too much about health care here. There have been so many others out there with far better voices, that I felt the duplication wasn’t warranted. Yes, we all know this really isn’t about health care, or insurance. Rather it is about power. Control over “the masses”. Another of the many nails being driven into the American Experience, by those who would see even the slightest reference to what the founding fathers proposed and put forth some 234 some odd years ago, be done away with once and for all.
But surely there are enough Senators with at least some semblance of a conscience; some tattered remnant of moral fiber, who would – if only for their own self interest (and future electability) – vote against the monstrosity proposed by the Senate … isn’t there?
Well, not if Senator Reid has enough bribe money to toss around.
Guess if you are a Senator who claims to be “a moderate Democrat” from a southern state, you can be bought off, if the price is right!! Kind of like that old story allegedly dealing with George Bernard Shaw:
* GBS: Madam, would you sleep with me for a million pounds?
* Actress: My goodness, Well, I’d certainly think about it
* GBS: Would you sleep with me for a pound?
* Actress: Certainly not! What kind of woman do you think I am?!
* GBS: Madam, we’ve already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.
Now we know what she is, apparently all Reid is doing is establishing the price.
“The finest Senate and House money can buy!” Indeed.